Sinus issues don’t have to be alleviated with medication. Rather, the Neti pot, a natural alternative, can improve sinus care without all the chemicals.
Sinus care just got greener. A natural remedy, used by grandmothers, just became a common alternative to sinus and allergy medications. The Neti pot makes clearing sinuses easy and pain-free, and also doesn’t add unwanted chemicals to the body, like with over-the-counter medications.
How a Neti Pot Helps with Sinus Care
Most people are familiar with various sinus care medications which can be purchased in the pharmacy or retail store. However, far less are familiar with natural alternatives. This is where a Neti pot comes in. A Neti pot provides nasal irrigation, using salt water to clear out the sinus passages.
Although this may sound painful, it’s really quite soothing. The warm water and a safe salt solution washes impurities and germs from the nasal passages and helps you breathe much better. The salt in the solution also reduces inflammation in the sinuses.
Recognizing the NetiPot
The Neti pot closely resembles a magic lamp, much like Alladin’s magic lamp which housed the mystical genie. Usually made of ceramic, this small lamp derives from the Ayurvedic tradition – common with those who practice Yoga. The good news is, its popularity is gaining momentum in the U.S. and other countries recently, and it’s providing sinus care for thousands.
How to Use the Neti pot
Although you will want to consult with your doctor before using the Neti pot, there are a few basic instructions for this type of sinus care:
- Mix 3 teaspoons of iodine-free salt with 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Drop 1 teaspoon of this mixture into 8 oz of distilled water
- Tilt your head in a 45-degree angle over the sink
- Place the spout of the Neti pot in the highest nostril and pour the solution into your nose
- The solution will move through your nasal passage and out the other nostril. Some may travel down your throat and you should spit it out. You can also blow your nose afterward to get rid of any additional fluids from the Neti pot.
Help is Available
Maybe the Neti pot is right for you, and can successfully improve your sinus care regimen. If you’re curious about the Neti pot and how it can help you, please ask a professional at the Clinica Las Americas. We specialize in improving the quality of life for our patients.